Taxes & Assessments
View Online Taxes and Assessment Information
- Click on hyperlink above. Search by name, address or parcel number
- Program opens in assessing. To view tax information - click on the tax tab within the middle of the page
- Tax history can be viewed by clicking tax history or scrolling to bottom of page.
- To print any page - click on the print button at upper right hand corner. It will print the page you are viewing.
Please call the office at 269-629-4921 to get current balance due.
Winter Tax Bills were mailed by December 1, 2023. Winter taxes are due February 14, 2024. Late payments on winter and summer taxes will be charged 1% interest until February 29, 2024. On March 1, 2024, the tax roll will be turned over to the county for their collection and additional fees. Call the Kalamazoo County Treasurer @ 384-8124 for payoff amounts if paying after March 1, 2024.
- Our office does accept postmarks for the Sept 14 and the February 14 deadline so make sure the postmark is on or before the tax due date except for the due date of February 28th when postmarks are not accepted
- We have a drop box to the left of the front entrance if you are paying your tax bill when the office is not open.
- When paying your taxes, please make sure the billing address is correct so that you receive future bills and notices as well.
- It is your responsibility to inform our offices of any changes or corrections. It is also your responsibility to receive your tax bill.
- At this time, credit and debit cards are not being accepted. Many banks will allow setting Richland Township as a Payee to electronically pay your tax bill.
- If you have purchased a home or built a new home, please make sure that our office has been notified if this home is your primary residence. A call to our office can verify if the proper forms have been filed.
- The following applications will aid our office in knowing about your residence.
Principal Residence Exemption Rescind Application
Veteran's Exemption Application
Policy and Procedure
Policy for Inspecting and Copying Assessing Records
The 2024 Assessment Notice, with information about 2024 estimated property taxes, will be mailed to property owners in late February . In that notice will be the information regarding the dates and times of the March Board of Review which is when property owners may appeal their assessments. Please make sure the names, mailing addresses and PRE is correct.
In Michigan, if you own and occupy your house you may qualify for a 100% PRE which will save you money on your property tax bill.
Contact our office if the PRE % is less than 100% and you believe you may qualify for the 100%.
|2022 Millage Rates
39.0546 for Non- Homestead Winter
|2021 Millage Rates
21.3489 for Winter
39.3489 for Non-Homestead
|2023 Millage Rates *voted 11/23
s = summer tax collection w = winter tax collection
|County Housing Fund
|County Public Safety
|County Veterans Fund *
|Richland Library Operating
|Township Fire Millage *
|State Education Tax
|GL Bldg & Sinking Fund