Snow Removal per Kalamazoo County Road Commission  Click here to view Brochure from KCRC

If you would like to report an issue about a road in our Township, tree blocking the road, pot hole in road, road sign damaged or down, call the Township office or the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County at .  Many voices are better than one. If it is an emergency and after regular business hours, call 911 and they will contact the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County .

Roadwork in Richland Township The Richland Township Board Road Committee annually reviews the road conditions in the Township.  With input from the RCKC,  the Board acquires estimates for possible Township funded capital projects for the following year.  When the budget is assembled, the Board  selects the projects. Road maintenance, hole repair, and mowing is paid by the RCKC from the state funds that they receive so the Township only budgets for the capital projects.

In 2016,  the Township Board contracted with the RCKC, to do an HMA project on BC Ave    Chip Seals will be  also done on DE Ave from 28th St from to the Village line, CD Ave from M-89/43  to 35th St and F Ave from 27th to 28th St.

There is a new RCKC policy that is being implemented throughout Kalamazoo County.  Chip seals are being done very quickly after an HMA project to seal the asphalt from the weather thus extending the maintenance life of the road.    RCKC has learned that this process has benefited the roads in Minnesota.