HOW DO I OBTAIN AN ABSENTEE BALLOT? If you qualify because of one of the six reasons listed on the Absentee Ballot application, you may request an absentee ballot up until the Saturday before any election. You can download an application from the Michigan Secretary of State website. These are the reasons you would qualify to vote by absentee ballot:
- age 60 years old or older
- unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- expecting to be out of town on election day
- in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
- appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct
- of residence.
- You can also call or come into the Township Office to get an application. In many cases, we can issue you the ballot at that time. Please be prepared to show a valid, government issued ID when you apply. You may also apply in writing as long as you include your reason for needing an Absentee Ballot, your registered address in Richland Township, where you want the ballot sent, and your signature.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact