If you would like to report an issue about a road in our Township, tree blocking the road, pot hole in road, road sign damaged or down, call the Township office or the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County at .  Many voices are better than one. If it is an emergency and after regular business hours, call 911 and they will contact the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County.

Road work in Richland Township  -The Richland Township Board Road Committee annually reviews the road conditions in the Township.  With input from the RCKC,  the Board acquires estimates for possible Township funded capital projects for the following year.  When the budget is assembled, the Board  selects the projects. Road maintenance, hole repair, and mowing is paid by the RCKC from the state funds that they receive so the Township only budgets for the capital projects.

The road commission has shared the following links for information on our roads


Public Service Announcement from the Kalamazoo Road Commission  - CLICK HERE


Road projects in Richland Township for 2019

From April 23, 2019 to June 21,2019 the Michigan Department of Transportation will be resurfacing more than 11 miles of US-131 from Milham Road to north of M-43 (West Main Street) in Kalamazoo. The $5.8 million investment includes full-depth joint repairs, concrete removal, aggregate shoulders, and pavement markings.


MDOT is working on the engineering for a roundabout at M-43(Gull Road) and G Avenue. The planned 2021 reconstruction includes building a roundabout at the M-43/G Avenue intersection to improve safety and reduce congestion. Improvements also will be made at the M-43 intersections with 27th Street and 28th Street. MDOT is proposing to acquire property from Eastern Hills Golf Course for needed right of way, and the project also will have minor impacts on the existing nonmotorized trail along M-43. Project maps are available at the Township Office for viewing. You may also view the project rendering by clicking HERE



Richland Township

7401 N. 32nd Street
Richland, MI 49083 (Map)
Phone:  (269) 629-4921
Fax:  (269) 629-5993
Contact Us


Office Hours 

**Due to COVID 19 Hours are by appointment only**
8:00am to 5:00pm
*Notary Available by appointment

Assessor's Office Hours
Monday and Wednesday
9:00am to 12:00pm

Planner's Office Hours
Wednesdays 9:00am to 12:00pm
Except 4th Wednesday 3:30pm to 5:00pm

Building Official
By appointment - Call KABA at 269-216-9511.

Join our email list!

Please call the office prior to your visit to ensure the availability of the person you would like to see.

Sign up for road construction alerts!